Table of Contents
Pickleball is one of the hottest new crazes in North Texas — even attracting the 2023 Pickleball National Championship to Farmers Branch later this year.
The sport shares similarities with tennis, table tennis, and badminton (as well as other paddle ball sports). It has official rules, regulations, and even its own organization — USA Pickleball Association.
What to know
- The court is badminton-sized (20 ft x 44 ft) with a modified tennis net.
- The pickleball itself is made of plastic and has holes.
- The paddle is a little smaller than a tennis racquet.
- It can be played as doubles or singles.
Here are some places to play pickleball around Fort Worth.
- Courtside Kitchen, 1615 Rogers Rd. | Nine courts
- McLeland Tennis Center, 1600 W. Seminary Dr. | Six courts
- Dutch Branch Park Tennis Courts, 10001 Benbrook Blvd. | Six courts
- Fire Station Community Center, 1601 Lipscomb St. | Two courts (Bring your own net)
- Victory Forest Community Center, 3427 Hemphill St. | Three courts
- Chisholm Trail Recreation Center, 4936 McPherson Blvd. | Three courts
powered by Proxi