Take it from us, keeping up with the local food + beverage scene can be a whirlwind. From new restaurants moving in, to others temporarily closing for a revamp — we’ve compiled a list of 30 new and upcoming places where you can grab a bite to eat.
powered by Proxi
- 3rd Street Market, 425 W. 3rd St. | The sourdough bread bar will offer soup, Latin-inspired morning pastries, and sourdough sandwiches + will offer cooking classes in the Culinary Studio.
- Fireside Pies, 628 Harrold St. | Wood-fired pies, brunch pizzas + pasta specialty plates. No opening date.
- Quince, 1701 River Run | Named the world’s best rooftop restaurant bar. Opening: end of fall
- Van Leeuwen, 1621 River Run | The vegan ice cream parlor is coming to the WestBend shopping center. Opening: fall of 2022
- Dayne’s Craft Barbecue, 9808 Camp Bowie W. Blvd. | Ribs, brisket, turkey — you name it. The BBQ you know and love is getting a brick-and-mortar location. Opening: this fall
- Old Texas Brewing Co., 6333 Camp Bowie Blvd. | Southern dishes like smoked BBQ, brisket nachos + tacos. Opening: in a few months
- Hudson House, 4600 Dexter Ave. | The iconic Ice House building off Camp Bowie Boulevard put up a coming soon sign for fresh oysters, chilled shrimp cocktail, and Nantucket chowder in Into the Garden’s former location. No opening date.
- Pie Tap Pizza Workshop + Bar, 1305 W. Magnolia Ave. | The Dallas-based pizza concept has filed a liquor license for a location near Great Harvest Bread Co. Pair a handmade pie with wine and beer on tap. No opening date.
Outside the loop
- Velvet Taco, 2828 N. Tarrant Pkwy. | Variety of meat + vegetarian tacos to pair with drinks, desserts, and side dishes. No opening date.
- Taste Community Restaurant, 200 N. Cooper St., Arlington | The pay-what-you-can nonprofit is setting up a second location in downtown Arlington with fresh seasonal recipes for breakfast, brunch, and lunch. Opening: end of 2023
- Soul Bird, Heritage Trace Parkway | The Plano-based fast-casual chicken restaurant is coming to the Alliance area. Opening: February 2023
- Paco’s Mexican Cuisine, 156 W. 4th St. | Old-school Mexican fare open for breakfast, lunch + dinner.
- Cidercade, 1813 W. Bowie St. | 300+ arcade games with a bar + kitchen in a 25,000-sqft space
- Colossal Sandwich Shop, 3004 Cullen St. | The Bedford-based eatery known for its massive sandwiches has opened a ghost kitchen in the Cultural District with menu items available for carryout and delivery.
- Bb.q Chicken, 2880 W. Berry St. | Korea-style fried chicken, wings, sides.
- Jon’s Grille, 2905 W. Berry St. | Created by the Bonnell brothers, the restaurant will serve beef from cattle raised on the brother’s family ranch.
Tanglewood / Hulen
- Chill-N Nitrogen Ice Cream, 2473 S. Hulen St. | Freezer-less ice cream made with liquid nitrogen featuring flavors like buttered pecan and key lime pie.
- Two Hands Corn Dogs, Hulen Mall | Hot dogs encased with ingredients like Hot Cheetos and crispy rice puffs.
- Jugo, 2955 Crockett St. | Acai bowls, smoothies, and cold-pressed juices.
- Akarii Revolving Sushi, 628 Harrold St. | Sushi rolls, rice dishes, ramen + bites like takoyaki and gyoza.
- JD’s Hamburgers, 9901 Camp Bowie W. Blvd. | The renovated dive bar will now be home to a grill inside a shipping container + outdoor patio serving specialty burgers named after the owner’s family members.
- Cheba Hut, 1217 8th Ave. | Cannabis-inspired bites like “munchies” and non-alcoholic drinks called “Cottonmouth Cures.”
- Burnin’ Mouth Chicken, 1229 8th Ave. |Nashville hot chicken sandwiches, coleslaw + famous kickback sauce.
- Lili’s Bistro, 1310 W. Magnolia Ave. | Southern comfort food with an upscale twist with dishes like lobster ravioli, double duck gumbo + escargot.
- Paris Coffee Shop, 704 W. Magnolia Ave. | Blue-plate specials, chicken-fried steak, chicken and dumplings + breakfast classics.
- Tre Mogli, 401 S. Main St. | Family-style Italian restaurant serving house-made pasta, sausages + bread.
- Leo’s Churro Bar, 105 S. Main St. | This new food truck has been taking churros to the next level since it opened two weeks ago in SoMa Micro Park. Try a churro cereal sundae with Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Fruity Pebbles.
- Caterina’s, 128 E. Exchange Ave. Ste. 620 | Chef Tim Love’s newest Cowtown restaurant opened at the end of July and is serving pure Italian meals in the Stockyards. Suit up and settle in for a plate of bucatini or coniglio.
- Turkey Den, 1201 Oakland Blvd. | Not just fair food, level up your turkey leg with shrimp, sausage, and pasta at this eastside steakhouse that opened last month.
Outside the loop
- Wing It On!, 5329 Sycamore School Rd. | Buffalo-style wings + chicken sandwiches with sides. Opening: in a few weeks