Kids, this is the story of how I met your mother, and it was all thanks to FTWtoday.
Ok, so maybe that’s not exactly how the 2000s sitcom went, but if Ted Mosby had consulted us for date night ideas, we could’ve shaved the show down to two seasons (and saved his kids a lot of time).
Regardless, of whether you’ve met “the one” or are hoping to impress someone new, we’ve got 20+ local date night ideas that are legen — wait for it — dary.
For the ones who want a night out on the town
- Take their breath away with stunning views of the city at these eight rooftop bars.
- Find out how to make them laugh with a show at Four Day Weekend or the newly opened Big Laugh Comedy Club in Sundance Square.
- Snag tickets for the next production at Bass Performance Hall.
If the way to their heart is through their stomach
- Embrace your inner Bobby Flay with a hands-on cooking class at one of these seven local studios.
- Source ingredients (and don’t forget the flowers) at one of Fort Worth’s 10+ farmers markets before making dinner together at home.
- Lean into the romance and learn more about their star sign with a tasting at these local wine bars matched with the Zodiac calendar.
If you love the great outdoors
- Explore one of the largest city-owned nature preserves in the US at the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge.
- Roll around town in style on an electric bike with the Bike and BBQ Tour or stroll through the Stockyards on a self-guided tour through the art of Western cinema.
- Fall in love with Cowtown’s natural beauty on one of these local hiking trails.
- Take a horseback ride on the Old Chisholm Trail with Stockyard Stables.
- Swing into your new romance at one of our beloved public parks.
For the ones who like to play games (just not with your heart)
- Nothing sets a date apart like some friendly competition — test each other’s wits with a game of trivia around town.
- Root for the same team and cheer on our pro and minor league sports year-round with baseball, football, lacrosse, and bull riding.
- Plan a relaxing flow at a local yoga studio or book a couple’s massage with rejuvenating treatments at these luxurious spas.
If you’re really hoping that it works out
- Heat things up in a different kind of way. Whether you want to bond with a new shared hobby or meet fellow players — we’ll see you on the pickleball court.
- You’ll be the eagle of your date’s eye when you show off your swing at these Fort Worth links.
- Show them you’re ready to do the heavy lifting a relationship requires at one of Cowtown’s gyms — from cardio to yoga, weight training, and more, there’s something for everyone.
If you want an “old fashioned”-style date
- Check out one of these six speakeasy-style bars for a blast from the past.
- Fancy a classic flick? Head to Coyote Drive-In for a late-night drive-in movie with a dose of nostalgia.
- Grab an actual old-fashioned at Lookwood Distilling Company or learn about bourbon with a distillery tour at Silver Star Spirits.
- Learn new dancing skills with a class at the Swing Dance Syndicate.
If you wanna show off by knowing all the hottest events in town
- Shameless plug: Sign up for our daily newsletter where we call out our top picks of things to do around town. Your date doesn’t have to know we’re behind it, you can take all the credit.
- Stay up-to-date on the coolest local events around Fort Worth with our events page (and check out this guide for our tips on navigating the interactive calendar).
What did we miss? If you know a perfect date spot that’s not on the list, guide us in the right direction using this survey.