Leonard’s Department Store Museum is transitioning its collection of artifacts and historical treasures to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History (FWMSH).
Take a trip back in time to some of the store’s historic moments.
In 1918, brothers Marvin and Obadiah founded Leonard Brothers Dry Goods Company on Houston Street, but it quickly evolved into a meg-complex covering seven downtown blocks.
Over the years, Leonard’s became known as a one-stop-shop, offering everything from pumpkin seeds to grand pianos, until it was sold to the Tandy Corporation in 1967. Tandy subsequently sold the store to Dillard’s in 1974.
The museum preserved the Leonard’s legacy, and that honor is now being passed to the FWMSH. Visit Leonard’s Department Store Museum for its final Santa at the Museum pictures Saturday, Dec. 9 and Saturday, Dec. 16, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. + stay tuned for upcoming exhibitions at FWMSH.