Table of Contents
With an infinite amount of online resources, having a library card might seem a little outdated. However, the wallet-sized passes can be used for more than just borrowing books.
In honor of National Library Week (April 23-29), here are a few of the coolest things about having a Fort Worth Public Library card.
📚 Learn a new skill
- Virtual adult English classes for non-English speakers are offered every Tuesday + Friday, as well as in-person lessons at various branches.
- Check out a musical instrument and learn how to play with unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning.
💻 Access to technology
- Check out or reserve a new laptop with Wi-Fi and cell service.
- More than 100 video games are available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.
- Amplify 817 offers commercial-free music from Fort Worth artists.
📝 Family-friendly entertainment
- Test your knowledge with weekly Tuesday Trivia Nights.
- Babies, bilingual families, toddlers, and their grownups are invited to in-person and on-demand Story Times throughout the week.
🎟️ Savings on local attractions
- Check out free botanic garden passes for up to seven days.
Fort Worth Public Library Cards are available at no charge for residents — proof of residency or property ownership is required. Non-resident cards can be purchased for $50 per year.