No one knows for sure if aliens exist, but there are plenty of sightings in Fort Worth that bolster belief. According to the National UFO Reporting Center, there have been thousands of sightings in Texas — and 150 sightings in Cowtown alone.
Eyewitness accounts 👀
They say seeing is believing. Here are several eyewitness accounts of UFO sightings in Fort Worth from the State Report Index:
- Oct. 19, 2021 | “While flying my kite at Arcadia Park in Watauga, Fort Worth, I accidentally videotaped a UFO flying at a distance and faster than a commercial or private airplane. I zoomed in and enlarged [the photo] and found no wings or tail structure.”
- March. 12, 2011 | “It appeared like the full moon, yet it was at least twice as large as a full moon. Also, the moon was behind me and was only partially lit [...] It went behind the trees and disappeared with no sound.”
- June 30, 1958 | “As I looked out my window, hovering over my neighbor’s house were three small flying saucers [...] I turned around with my back to them, but still heard the humming sounds they were making. [...] A few seconds passed and the humming sounds topped. I turned back towards my window and they were gone.”
What causes the sightings ✨
- Airplanes | One possible reason for the sightings in Fort Worth could be due to the activity at one of our many airfields. Even a commercial plane can create vivid vapor trails that may look like extraterrestrial evidence.
- Sprites | A natural phenomenon known as a sprite occurs in Texas. (For instance, this red jellyfish sprite occurred in 2020.) Sprites are flashes of light triggered by thunderstorms that may resemble flashing spacecraft lights. They can appear as balls of electricity or streaks of light.
- Clouds | A hole-punch cloud (a donut-shaped cloud that can look like a flying saucer) can occur when a plane flies through cirrus or cirrostratus clouds.
- Optical illusions | Reflections may look like lights in the sky, especially at night. Sightings on I-30 may be headlights refracting off the windshield or rear view mirrors.
Or… maybe the sightings really are visitations from extraterrestrial tourists. The aliens might have heard about the legendary Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo and decided to pay us a visit.