Table of Contents
Today is National Pizza Day, where we celebrate a round food, cut into triangular pieces, served in a square box — or as City Editor Kate likes to think of it — junk food for geometry geniuses.
A recent survey ranked Cowtown No. 1 for best pizza in Texas. We polled our readers to find the best local spot for a slice and here’s what y’all said:
🍕 Slice superlatives
- Voted best crust by City Editor Kate | Grimaldi’s Pizzeria, 5276 Monahans Ave.
- Voted best veggie pizza by City Editor Rebecca | Zalat Pizza, 843 Foch St.
- Voted best marinara sauce by Ella H. | Nizza Pizza, 401 University Dr.
- Voted best plant-based pizza by Amanda J. | Pizza Verde, 5716 Locke Ave.
🍕 Fort Worth
- Recommended by Natalie Z. | Cane Rosso, 815 W. Magnolia Ave.
- Recommended by Ashley H. | Olivella’s Pizza and Wine, 4910 Camp Bowie Blvd.
- Recommended by Whitney R. | Zoli’s Pizza, 3501 Hulen St.
- Recommended by Laura M. | Bosses Pizza, 2740 Western Center Blvd.
- Recommended by Sky B. | Mama’s Pizza, 1813 W. Berry St.
- Recommended by Maria M. | Slice City Pizza, 4601 West Fwy.
- Recommended by Cindy W. | Old Chicago Pizza, 8933 N. Freeway
- Recommended by Laura H. | Brooklyn’s Best Pizza & Pasta, 2425 SE Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington
- Recommended by William T. | Joe’s Pizza Pasta & Subs, 4300 Matlock Rd., Arlington
🍕 North Richland Hills
- Recommended by Susan S. | ZuRoma Bar & Grill, 8851 Ice House Dr., North Richland Hills
- Recommended by Emily S. | MrJim.Pizza, 5310 Rufe Snow Dr., North Richland Hills
Don’t see your go-to pizza? Email us and we’ll add your favorite to the list.