Riff, ram, bah, zoo. We’re waving goodbye to August and hello to fall tailgates. The TCU football team kicks off the season on Fri., Sept. 2 at the University of Colorado. That gives you one extra week to prepare for the first home game against Tarleton State on Sat., Sept. 10 at Amon G. Carter Stadium.
And by “prepare,” we mean figure out how much stuff you can cram in your truck bed. Ready to spruce up your pregame party? We’ve got you covered with our ultimate TCU tailgate guide.
Look good, feel good. Show off your TCU spirit with all of the purple gear for your person and your table.
- TCU Bookstore, 2950 W. Berry St.
- P.S. the Letter, 2100 Hulen St.
- Brooke Wright Designs, 3986 W. Vickery Blvd.
It’s all about the snacks. DIY snack trays.
Or pull out all the stops with a catered feast.
- Meyer and Sage, 2621 Whitmore St.
- Feastivities, 3637 W. Vickery Blvd.
- Lettuce Cook Gourmet-on-the-go, 5101 White Settlement Rd. + 3522 Bluebonnet Cir.
Sweet libations, my dear. Class up your campout with a bottle of local spirits.
- Blackland Distillery, 2616 Weisenburger St.
- BENDT Distilling Co., 225 S. Charles St., Lewisville
- TX Whiskey, 4250 Mitchell Blvd.
Or get all the booze for your buck.
- Crockett Street Bottle Shop, 2805 Crockett St.
- Kings Liquor, 6659 Camp Bowie Blvd.
- Goody Goody, 6393 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Bonus: For those who don’t actually want to stand all day, grab yourself a lightweight, modular chair from Trippy Outdoor — chairs are currently 25% off for Labor Day.
Remember to check TCU’s tailgating policies before you head to campus.