Fort Worth is the headquarters of several major companies that are producing well-known items that people across the country, if not the world, are buying. Here are a couple of things that we love that are made just down the road.
🍺 Food + booze
TX Whiskey (aka Firestone & Robertson Distilling Co.), 4250 Mitchell Blvd.
- Fort Worth’s first artisanal bourbon and whiskey distillery.
- Try this: A bottle of TX Barrel Proof Bourbon.
Mrs Baird’s Bread, 301 South Fwy.
- Breads, buns, rolls, and sweet treats baked + packaged right here in Fort Worth. Find them in a grocery store near you, order online, or visit their outlet store.
- Try this: A loaf of 100% whole wheat bread + a honey bun.
Best Maid Pickles, 1401 S. Riverside Dr.
- A Texas-born pickle business that’s been making pickle lovers’ dreams come true since 1926.
- Try this: A jar of bread-n-butter pickles + pickled okra.
- Pro tip: Check out the Best Maid Pickle Emporium at 829 W. Vickery Blvd.
Martin House Brewing Co., 220 S. Sylvania Ave
- Local brewery + taproom that offers Fort Worth-brewed beers, including its iconic Best Maid Sour Pickle Beer.
- Try this: Best Maid Sour Pickle Beer + Friday IPA.
Sweet Lucy’s Pies, Online ordering
- A made-to-order pie company that bakes pies using ingredients from Texas farmers.
- Try this: TX Whiskey pecan pie + charcuterie pie board.
M.L. Leddy’s, 2455 N. Main St.
- A one-stop shop for handmade boots, saddles, and western clothing that has been a Fort Worth staple since 1941.
- Try this: A custom pair of cowboy boots.
Fort Worth Locals, 1208 W. Magnolia Ave.
- A blog-turned-store that offers Fort Worth-inspired shirts, mugs, hats, stickers + accessories.
- Try this: A Funkytown pennant + an 817 Texas shirt.
The Best Hat Store, 2739 N. Main St.
- A Fort Worth Stockyards icon that offers 4,000+ different hats that can be custom-shaped from felt to straw.
- Try this: A 4-inch brim Tuf Cooper hat.
🪴 Decor + more
Ephemera Terrariums, 1208 W. Magnolia Ave.
- DIY plant + comic shop that offers DIY terrarium classes, ready-made terrariums, plants, and comics.
- Try this: A ready-made gold geometric teardrop terrarium.
Love Local Coffee + Art Shop, 5612 SW Loop 820
- A café and gift shop that sells handmade items by local artists.
- Try this: Texas mug + Fort Worth art print.