Wondering how you can be more involved around town?
How about advocating for something you’re passionate about by joining one of the City of Fort Worth’s many boards or commissions? You’re in luck because the city is currently looking to fill nine vacancies.
There are 40 different boards and commissions that cover a wide range of city goings-on, including airports and transit, parks and recreation, historic and cultural landmarks, building standards and zoning, and libraries and education. Meetings are usually held monthly or quarterly.
Appointments are typically two years long (although they can range from one to five years) and most positions are limited to three terms.
The groups have seats based on district so if you live in the district of the vacancy, you are welcome to apply. Here are the current openings:
- Aviation Advisory Board | District 2 + District 10
- Board of Adjustment – Commercial | District 6
- Building Standards Commission | District 2
- Historical and Cultural Landmarks Commission | District 4 + District 10
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Commission | District 4
- Urban Design Commission | District 10
- Zoning Commission | District 1
How to apply
Applications are available online + you can contact the Secretary’s Office at 817-392-6150 with questions.
Members are appointed to boards and commissions by the district’s council member and the mayor.