Table of Contents
When it comes to scenic locations to picnic, Cowtown’s got them. From historic gardens and riverfront spots to convenient options for a quick bite to eat, it can be easy to plan an outdoor meal with friends + family.
🧀 Build your menu with local charcuterie boards
- The Art of Grazing | There’s a little something for everyone — grab a wine and cheese board, a classic charcuterie board with all the fixins’, or a board strictly for cheese lovers.
- Graze Craze | Choose a board that fits the size of your group — ranging from one to 10 grazers — with options including fresh fruits, veggies, cheeses, and meats.
- Wild Boards TX | Order in advance for a customizable board with crackers, meats, cheeses, sweets, and produce.
💐 Pick out the decor
- Set the scene with a colorful bloom of flowers from The Flower Market on 7th or choose from a variety of offerings from Flowers To Go in Sundance Square.
- What’s a picnic without a vintage basket? Stop by Montgomery Street Antique Mall and choose from the selection of baskets, vintage blankets, and a wide selection of outdoor items.
- For last-minute items like a bottle of sparkling wine, coffee, and treats, check out the offerings at Roy Pope Grocery.
🌳 Choose the perfect spot
- Airfield Falls Conservation Park | Experience the history + explore nature as you take in the beauty of Tarrant County’s largest natural waterfall.
- Trinity Trails | Within 100+ miles of walking, running, and biking routes, we’d suggest the area alongside the West 7th Street bridge for a bite to eat with beautiful views of downtown.
- Fort Worth Water Gardens | This water oasis is a breath of fresh air from the hustle and bustle of the city + located adjacent to the Fort Worth Convention Center.
- Burnett Park | Pick up something to eat from surrounding restaurants — like Buon Giorno Coffee, Picchi Pacchi Pizzeria, or Bailey’s BBQ — and head across the street for the perfect picnic.
- Trinity Park Duck Pond | Eat alongside the ducks at this picture-perfect park along the Trinity.