After a chilly winter, we’re ready to get outside for our favorite activity — eating. Looking for a cool restaurant with vibes + a view? You’re in luck.
We’ve rounded up some of our favorite rooftops and patios, three of which — Joe T. Garcias, Tinie’s + Press Cafe — were included in Texas Monthly’s Best Places to Dine Outdoors in 2022.
🍻 Bar + Grill
- BoomerJack’s West 7th St., 2600 West 7th St. | The ultimate backyard patio + sports bar featuring an amazing view of downtown.
- Reservoir | 1001 Foch St. | Catch a game at this watering hole, where chefs are taking a new spin on food + drink, marinating your favorite recipes in whiskey.
- Rogers Roundhouse | 1616 Rogers Rd. | Craft beers, quirky cocktails + Tex-Mex staples, featuring a railroad-inspired aesthetic and an industrial-style patio.
- Heim Barbecue on the River | 5333 White Settlement Rd. | Enjoy smoked meats + southern comfort sides off the Trinity River for the perfect patio experience.
- Smokestack 1948 | 2836 Stanley Ave. | The open-air style beer garden offers two bars, a full arcade, live music + more.
- Woodshed Smokehouse | 3201 Riverfront Dr. | On the banks of the Trinity, owner/chef Tim Love showcases a daily rotating selection of freshly sourced, exotic + slow-roasted meats to enjoy on the shady waterfront patio that feels more like a backyard than a restaurant.
🥂 Fine Dining
- B&B Butchers & Restaurant | 5212 Marathon Ave. | Located in the center of Clearfork, this upscale steakhouse + butcher shop offers specialized meats + patio fun.
- GRACE | 777 Main St. | This elegant and contemporary setting features fine wines + modern American classics.
- Reata Restaurant | 310 Houston St. | This upscale hot spot has a ranch-style atmosphere, rooftop patio + a birds-eye view of Sundance Square.
- Joe T. Garcia’s | 2201 N. Commerce St. | The Stockyards staple is serving up Tex-Mex classics amid a courtyard filled with flowers, water fountains, outdoor heaters + a shady oak tree.
- Maria’s | 1712 S. University Dr. | Combining family recipes with modern twists, the menu features traditional Mexican dishes, draft beers + a tequila menu unlike any other.
- Tinie’s | 112 S. Main St. | This eatery combines a cool atmosphere of interior brick, exposed beams + a spacious rooftop with a sunny view of the Near Southside.
🍔 New American
- HG Supply Co. | 1621 River Run #176 | Enjoy a breezy patio overlooking the Trinity River + a wide range of delicious options for meat lovers, vegetarians, and vegans.
- Maggie’s R&R | 1264 W. Magnolia Ave. | The Southside’s Southern kitchen + patio offers a covered seating area, outdoor picnic tables + live music performances.
- Press Cafe | 4801 Edward Ranch Rd. | The open-air patio boasts an upscale, yet casual mix of American cuisine at The Clearfork Trailhead.
This article was co-authored by FTWtoday intern Hailey Lyon.