Funkytown has a vibin’ music scene. From country concerts at the biggest honky-tonk in the world to international piano competitions, there’s something for every ear.
But what if you want to learn for yourself? We’ve rounded up eight places in Panther City for music lessons for every age, skill, and genre.
Cliburn Kids | Virtual | K-5th grade
- The Cliburn Foundation has 60+ online lessons for kids to learn the basics of classical music and music theory. Bonus: If you’re looking to enter the Cliburn competition one day, get a recommendation for a local piano teacher from Steinway & Sons.
Fort Worth Music Academy | 3327 Winthrop Ave. | All ages
- Learn to play the guitar, piano, drums + bass, or schedule a voice lesson. Kids can also sign up for Rock Band Camp. Schedule a trial lesson.
Creative Soul Music School | 5236 S. Hulen St. | All ages
- With piano, guitar, bass, drums, violin, cello, clarinet, flute, ukulele, voice, and songwriting lessons, this school has taught 11,000+ students since 2006. Register on a rolling basis.
Fort Worth Conservatory of Music and Fine Arts | 2816 Hemphill St. | All ages
- Registration is now open for fall lessons in piano, violin, voice + guitar through weekly private lessons or early childhood classes.
Fort Worth Opera | 505 Pecan St. | Pre-K-12th grade.
- Does your kiddo want to sing onstage? Check out the Opera’s education programs for elementary students and master classes for high school students.
Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra | 303 E. 4th St. | All ages
- The Symphony offers a variety of educational programs including school performances, side-by-side concerts with the youth orchestra, Learning Lab lectures + open rehearsals.
Fort Worth Youth Orchestra | 4401 Trail Lake Dr. | Under 18
- Lessons in violin, viola, cello, and bass go from “Twinkle Twinkle” to Tchaikovsky. Request a parent info session.
School of Rock Fort Worth | 4608 Bryant Irvin Rd. | All ages
- The patented School of Rock method has one-on-one sessions, group rehearsals, and live performances for voice, guitar, bass, drums, and keyboard students. Schedule a free trial.
Thinking about music lessons, but not quite ready to sign up? Drop into one of the Fort Worth Public Library’s free classes.