Table of Contents
Fort Worth was recently named the best city in the US for military families thanks to its strong education system, high concentration of green space, and family-friendly activities.
In honor of Veterans Day on Friday, Nov. 11, the local community and businesses are coming together to celebrate our local veterans and military families. As a token of our appreciation, we’ve made a list of Veterans Day events happening in and around Fort Worth.
Pro tip: Most businesses ask to see a form of official military identification.
Fuel up 🍽️
- Veterans Day Social | Martin House Brewing Company, 220 S. Sylvania Ave., Fort Worth | 6-8 p.m. | Join Martin House and Smoke Bone BBQ for a celebration with craft beers, seltzer, and tasty barbecue. A $15 wristband includes four beverages.
- Veterans Day Breakfast and Celebration | Cleburne Railroad Museum, 206 N. Main St., Cleburne | 10-11 a.m. | Gather for coffee, a light breakfast, music, and stories from local veterans.
- Military & Veterans Appreciation Brunch | Ella B’s Restaurant, 1004 N. Collins St., Arlington | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. | Saturday, Nov. 12 | All veterans, retired, reserve, and active duty military members are invited to a free appreciation brunch. The buffet-style brunch is available to civilians for $25 with a portion of the proceeds supporting veteran charities.
Things to do 🇺🇸
- Tarrant County Veterans Day Parade | Panther Island Pavilion, 395 Purcey St., Fort Worth | 11 a.m. | Join Ceremonial Marshal Maj. Gen. Anthony Woods for the annual parade featuring cavalrymen. The parade route will travel to North Forest Park Boulevard and along the Clear Fork of the Trinity River.
- Veterans Day Tour | The Carter, 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth | 2-3 p.m. | Take a free, guided tour of art with military connections.
- 15th Annual Veterans Day Commemoration Ceremony | Veterans Park Memorial, 3600 W. Arkansas Ln., Arlington | 11 a.m. | This year’s keynote speaker is a former member of a US Army Special Forces unit during the Vietnam War. The event is organized by the Arlington Great Southwest Rotary Club and Veterans Park Foundation. Note: due to inclement weather, the ceremony will be held at Bob Duncan Center, 2800 S. Center St.
- Veterans Wall of Honor | City Hall Plaza, 4301 City Point Dr., North Richland Hills | 8 a.m.-5 p.m. | Honor those that served in the armed forces during this annual event featuring the NRH Police and Fire Honor Guard presenting the wreath of honor and patriotic music.
To all of our veteran and active duty military readers, thank you for your service.