Tomorrow is Hot Enough For Ya Day, but we don’t need a national day to know it’s been pretty steamy outside. This week we’ve had some of the hottest weather on record + we’re all ready for some relief. We’ve pulled eight air-conditioned events to help you stay cool this weekend.
- The Kimbell Art Museum presents “SLAY,” a free focus exhibition featuring two works entitled “Judith and Holofernes” by Artemisia Gentileschi and Kehinde Wiley.
- Gaze at the infinite wonders of the night sky during a show at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History’s Nobel Planetarium for $12.
- There’s an ocean of possibilities — take the family to free craft time at the library’s Northside branch and create a beach-inspired art project at 1 p.m. on Sat., July 23.
Want to kick back and relax with a bucket of popcorn? Between live performances and screenings of familiar favorites, local theaters have showings for everyone.
- “Steel Magnolias” opens at Casa Mañana tomorrow at 2 p.m. + runs through Sun., July 31 starting at $50.
- Catch “Marcel the Shell with Shoes On” or “Marie Antoinette” this weekend in the Magnolia at The Modern film series at the Modern Art Museum for just $10.
- Head to Downtown Cowtown at the Isis for R.J. Vandygriff’s one-man performance of “The Cowboy Ain’t Dead Yet” for $16.
Get out of the house with exciting activities of all kinds.
- Trade the scorching sun for a swim in an indoor pool, like the Tarrant County Aquatic Center, the Benbrook Community Center YMCA, or the Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA. Membership rates start at $30.
- See the incredible horses and riders at the free NCHA Summer Cutting Spectacular at the Will Rogers Memorial Center.