The sun is shining. The tank is clean. And we are getting out — doors. Ready to soak in the vitamin D while you grab your daily workout? Here are six parks around town for outdoor exercise.
Trinity Park, 2401 University Dr.
- Walk, run, crawl, bike, scooter, or skate on 100+ miles of the Trinity Trails system accessed by the 252-acre park. Pick up a basketball game on the colorful courts under the West Lancaster Avenue bridge.
The Trailhead at Clearfork, 4801 Edwards Ranch Rd.
- Bike 60+ miles of trails, drop into a free weekend yoga class on the lawn, or check out exercise classes with FIT4MOM Fort Worth.
- Pro tip: The trails are currently under construction, so keep your eye out for detours.
Frank Kent’s Dream Park, 2001 University Dr.
- Get the kiddies some exercise at this all-inclusive, fully-accessible playground with 57,000 sqft of rubber surfacing that allows easy access for wheelchairs + state-of-the-art adaptive equipment.
Candleridge Park, 4301 French Lake Dr.
- Looking for some classic calisthenics? Candleridge Park has a calisthenics gym with a horizontal bar and ab benches for bodyweight fitness training. Follow the signs for a guided workout or invent your own.
Z Boaz Park, 5250 Old Benbrook Rd.
- Exercise your brain + body with a strategic game of disc golf. The hilly park has 18 holes spread through 6,600 linear feet of trees.
- Pro tip: Watch out for the creek on the last five holes.
Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge, 9601 Fossil Ridge Rd.
- Need a little more fresh air? The refuge has 3,621 acres of prairie land with 20+ miles of hiking trails. Hop in a canoe or kayak for a water-based workout.
- Pro tip: Be sure to check the Lake Worth water level before paddling out.